Our Services are tailored specifically to the needs and situation of each child. Once an assessment is completed, we will create a plan of action designed to support the child in each specific area in which they are needing it. Please see below for a full list of Services & Service Plan Options.
Assessment and Help
- Behavioral Health Screenings
- Assessment of Risk, Strength & Need
- Case Planning
- Short-Term Case Management
Youth Eligible For Assessments
- Juveniles From the Ages of 11-18
- Truant/Suspended/Expelled Students
- Parent/Child Conflict
- Non-Crisis Mental Health Issues
- Homeless and/or Runaway Youth
Full List of Services & Service Plan Options
- Phone Screening: Law enforcement can call the JAC to determine the appropriateness of JAC services.
- Assessment of Needs of Juveniles
- Referrals and Diversion Recommendations by Assessment Staff
- Initial Case Management: Staff provides case management for youth not being prosecuted and who are not currently receiving case management from another agency.
- Service Planning: Individual Service Plans will be designed for each JAC participant.
Uncontrollable Juvenile (3b)
Under Nebraska statute 43-247, section 3b, a petition may be filed in court if a juvenile is: “by reason of being wayward or habitually disobedient, is uncontrolled by his or her parent, guardian, or custodian…read more
Service Plan Options
- Mental Health Services
- Substance Abuse Services
- Anger Management Class
- Attend Support Groups
- Community Service
- Reparation of Damages
- Terms for School Attendance and Misbehavior
- Touring Alternative Schools
- Employment/Vocational Training
- Time Out or Alternative Placement With an Appropriate Relative or Family Friend
- Education on Risky Sexual Behaviors
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A CHILD IS REFERRED?
- A JAC staff member will schedule an intake and assessment.
- If services are accepted, a series of assessments will be conducted.
- Staff will provide referrals related to the child’s needs.
- JAC staff will aid in overcoming any barriers to receiving services.